Chunks of half-melted chocolate appear in every bite of this sinfully good bread pudding. And it gets even better….you serve it in a pool of brandy sauce.
- 1 (1 pound) loaf day-old French bread
- 3 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 (4-oz.) bittersweet chocolate baking bars, chopped
- Tear bread into small pieces, place in a large bowl. Add milk and half-and-half, let mixture stand 10 minutes.
- Combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, and salt, add to bread, stirring well. Stir in chopped chocolate. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees for 55 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Serve warm with warm White Chocolate Brandy Sauce.
White Chocolate Brandy Sauce
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 (4- oz) white chocolate, baking bar
- 3 Tbsp. brandy
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add white chocolate, stirring until chocolate melts. Stir in brandy. Serve warm.