- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 (16-oz) package light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 (8-oz) container sour cream
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for 30-second intervals until melted (about 1 ½ minutes total time). Stir until smooth.
- Beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer about 5 minutes or until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add melted chocolate, beating just until blended.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to chocolate mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Gradually add 1 cup hot water in a slow steady stream, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Spoon batter evenly into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- Sift powdered sugar over top of cake.